Chair holder – Jean-Pierre Miron
Director Office of International Development at Cegep Marie-Victorin
The Chair holder plans, organizes, directs and supervises all activities related to the Chair, its outreach and its administration, within the framework of the mission and according to the directions approved by the steering committee.
He ensures the Chair’s direction and monitors its external representations and the quality of its relationships with its funders, partners and affiliated organizations. He negotiates and enters into collaboration and service agreements, in collaboration with the steering committee chairperson.
Director of the Office of International Development at CEGEP Marie-Victorin (CMV), Jean-Pierre Miron has more than 25 years of experience as a teacher, educational consultant and administrator of college programs that promote social inclusion and community development. Before holding this position, he was the coordinator of CMV’s Continuing Education Service. As such, he was responsible for college-level programs in prison, an environment in which he taught for many years.
Director of Operations – Jean-Pierre Simoneau
This individual, who reports to the Chair holder, is responsible for managing and planning the Chair’s daily functions, which include:
- contributing to and directly participating in the creation, implementation and development of the Chair and its activities;
- monitoring the logistics of events, meetings and activities;
- monitoring various files delegated by the Chair holder;
- organizing meetings;
- managing the activity schedule;
- collecting strategic intelligence (subscription/publication fall-off point);
- identifying relevant events that the Chair attends or should attend;
- seeking out private financial partners (donations and sponsorships);
- drafting the Chair’s annual report;
- updating the Chair’s Website;
- establishing the Chair’s documentation centre;
- performing any other related task.
- support the development of basic and applied research
Jean-Pierre Simoneau has more than 25 years of experience working in the community and college education sectors. Active in the area of prevention and social reintegration, he has steadfastly focused on taking concrete action to maintain a balance between theory and successful practices. Since becoming actively involved at CEGEP Marie-Victorin since 1992, he has held various positions (facilitator, teacher, student advisor and educational consultant) in continuing education in the prison environment. Since 2000, he has been responsible for coordinating the following programs: College Study Assistance Program for Detainees in Transition (PRET 2000) and the college education program in Quebec’s federal penitentiaries. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Institut de Coopération pour l’éducation des adultes (ICEA).