The steering committee is the Chair’s authority on strategic direction, validation and arbitration.
Its role is to:
- ensure, with the Chair holder, the Chair’s representation within UNESCO;- adopt the Chair’s charter;
- approve the action plan, working lines and annual reports;
- ensure the sound financial management of the Chair;
- guarantee compliance with the agreement signed between UNESCO and CEGEP Marie-Victorin;
- contribute to the Chair’s influence.
The committee meets when convened by its chairperson, at least twice a year: one meeting is spent planning the year to come while the other is spent reviewing the report on the previous year.
Committee members have a renewable three-year mandate.
Steering Committee Chairperson – Nicole Rouillier
Acting as general director, the chairperson, in conjunction with the other members, assumes all Steering Committee responsibilities and must:
- act as the link between the Chair and CEGEP Marie-Victorin’s governance;
- represent the Chair in the political arena;
- lead committee meetings and maintain regular contact with the Chair holder in order to immediately receive information about any extraordinary situation requiring a special committee meeting.
The Steering Committee members are:
- Nicole Rouillier, Chairperson, Director General of CEGEP Marie-Victorin
Curriculum vitae – Nicole Rouillier (Biography – Nicole Rouillier)
- Paul Bélanger, Chairperson of the Science Committee.
- Johanne Beausoleil, deputy minister associated to correctionnal affairs at the Ministry of Public Security of Quebec, Government of Québec.
- Josée Deschênes, Director of continuing education and business services, Cégep Marie-Victorin.
- Brian A. Grant, Correctional Service of Canada.
Curriculum vitae – Brian A. Grant
- Jean-Pierre Miron, Chair holder.
Curriculum vitae – Jean-Pierre Miron
- Jean-Pierre Simoneau, Director of Operations for the Chair (no voting right)
Curriculum vitae – Jean-Pierre Simoneau